Human Factors Integration Tool (HFIT™)
Kestrel’s Human Performance Reliability (HPR) process enables companies to identify, understand, and ultimately manage the underlying contributing factors to human error. Effectively implementing the improvements identified through HPR requires a robust management tool that can collect, measure, and communicate HPR inputs and outputs.
Kestrel’s Human Factors Integration Tool (HFIT™) is the software companion to the HPR process that allows our team to assess current safety incidents, streamline the review process, and manage incident data.
With efficiency at its core, HFIT™ is designed to streamline and standardize the HPR process. In addition, HFIT™ helps companies to:
- Integrate human factor analyses into their incident investigation processes
- Identify underlying factors contributing to unintended events (e.g., incidents and accidents, environmental releases, air emission events, product quality deviations, food safety events, medical mistakes)
- Link identified human factors to specific operational controls that are missing or need improvement to reduce the likelihood of incidents
- Reveal immediate local and systemic improvement actions
- Identify system-wide opportunities for improvement in the prevention of unintended events